JABSEAS: The Japanese Bibliography of Southeast Asian Studies
The Japanese Bibliography of Southeast Asian Studies (JABSEAS) contains the bibliographical information of materials (books ,journal articles, and articles in books) on Southeast Asia, that have been published in Japan since 1975. Most of the materials are written in Japanese. A comprehensive search for works on Southeast Asia in the fields ranging from history, anthropology, area studies, political studies, economics, sociology, and linguistics to literature is possible. Works of the natural sciences, however, are excluded. The database is based on the bibliography that appears in “Southeast Asia: History and Culture” published annually by the Japan Society for Southeast Asian History.
This database was first created in 2001 under the 1999-2000 Grant-in-Aid for the Publication of Scientific Research Results from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. All rights reserved by the Japan Society for Southeast Asian History.
JABSEAS is available either online or in the form of a downloadable file. Please choose one from below.
- JABSEAS Online is part of the NACSIS-IR (Information Retrieval) Service provided by the National Institute of Informatics (NII). You can access JABSEAS Online with a web browser.
- You have to apply for the use of NACSIS-IR and obtain user ID in advance and will be charged 30 yen per access. See the NII’s NACSIS-IR pages in English for further information.
- Move to NII’s NACSIS-IR (E)
JABSEAS Downloadable File
- JABSEAS Downloadable File is a text file in CSV (Comma Separated Value) format. You may download it freely to your computer and use it with any spreadsheet, database, or wordprocessing program.
- Move to JABSEAS Download Page (Just click the link next to “Download JABSEAS”)